This continues the article on entering overseas markets
2. GREENFIELD INVESTMENT: a project that starts with bare ground and builds up from there. Coca Cola, McDonalds, and Starbucks are great examples of American companies that have invested in Greenfield projects around the world.
1) Economies of scale and scope in production, marketing, finance, research and development, transportation, and purchasing.
2) Greater control in all aspects
3) Best long term strategy
4) commitment to market
5) Vendor financing often available
6) Work with authorities from the beginning
7) Control over your brand
8) Control over staff
9) Press opportunities
1) Higher expense,
2) Competition in these markets can be difficult to overcome,
3) Entry into these markets can take years to happen.
4) Barriers to entry can be costly
5) Governmental regulations may put these multinational enterprises at a disadvantage in the short term.
Technorati Tags: Market Entry, International business consultant, international business videos, what is international marketing, china podcast, international business podcast, global podcast, international marketing, international marketing tools, strategy, market research, international research, planning, international business, off shoring, outsourcing, Global business, marketing, business planning, marketing abroad, strategic consulting